Finding my Way to the Kitchen

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lady Gaga & Madonna

Last year Lady Gaga and Madonna went on SNL to do a skit. During the skit, Lady Gaga and Madonna got into a cat fight. I guess it was a "passing of the crown" from the Queen of Pop music to Lady Gaga. Since then, I've been more critical towards Lady Gaga because I don't think Madonna is replaceable, there is only one Material Girl.

Then "Alejandro" came out and I couldn't help but think, wow - maybe Lady Gaga is the new Madonna; or she's trying to be. "Alejandro" is Madonna's "La Isla Bonita".
"Alejandro" is about some lover who we assume is from some exotic, South American country. "La Isla Bonita" is about San Pedro from the island of beauty. It's all the same; the beat; the sound; everything. This is not necessarily a bad thing but if you're trying to be Madonna, then be original Lady Gaga!

Here's the two songs so you can decide for yourself. For now, I'll be watching you Lady Gaga.

La Isla Bonita

Alejandro


No comments:

Post a Comment